Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Greatest Potter

  The word which came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying,
   
 "Arise and go down to the potter's house, and there I will cause thee to hear My words."
   
 Then I went down to the potter's house, and behold, he wrought a work on the wheels.
   
 And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter; so he made it again another vessel, as it seemed good to the potter to make it.
   
 Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying,
   
 "O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter?" saith the LORD. "Behold, as the clay is in the potter's hand, so are ye in Mine hand, O house of Israel.
   
 At the instant I shall speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up and to pull down and to destroy it, if that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them.
   
 And at the instant I shall speak concerning a nation and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it, if it do evil in My sight, that it obey not My voice, then I will repent of the good wherewith I said I would benefit them.
   
Now therefore go to speak to the men of Judah and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem, saying, `Thus saith the LORD: Behold, I frame evil against you and devise a device against you. Return ye now every one from his evil way, and make your ways and your doings good.'"
   
And they said, "There is no hope; but we will walk after our own devices, and we will every one do the imagination of his evil heart."

Jeremiah 18:1-12

No comments:

Post a Comment